The dream of coming to the United States and becoming a citizen is one shared by many across the globe. This dream, is, in fact, alive and obtainable to many despite the misperception that it requires hurdling insurmountable obstacles. There are many pathways to U.S. citizenship but participation in the EB-5 Program is one that is often overlooked and unjustly viewed as complicated.
With the right guidance, many foreign capital investors are able to grasp that golden ring of a life in the United States, and ultimately obtaining their citizenship through EB-5 Program participation. Over the last decade, over 66,000 visas have been given to EB-5 Program participants. While the majority of these participants are from mainland China, it should be noted that:
- China currently has a backlog of applicant for the next 10 years
- Many other countries fail to take advantage of their yearly allotments
Annually, the United States allocates 10,000 visas for EB-5 investors and their family members. Each country is limited to 7% of the total annual allocation of EB-5 visas available, plus access to the unused visa quotas from other countries. ** Since most countries fail to reach their 7% allotment, China-born applicants have been able to utilize a staggering number of visas over the last decade. According to January through July, 2017 statistical data, China accounted for 78% of EB-5 visa usage.
This is great news for foreign investors from other regions. While participants from countries such as Vietnam, Brazil, South Korea and India round out the top 5 countries that take advantage of the program*, they still fall short of the 7% cap.
*Photo Source : IIUSA
Serious immigrants from regions outside of mainland China should consider participation in the EB-5 Program. Unlike other visa programs such as the H1-B visa, EB-5 doesn’t require any particular level of education or language skills, the basic qualification for EB-5 participation is that the person investing in the EB-5 project has access to between $500,000 and $1,000,000 US. The amount will ultimately depend on the physical location of the project.
Additional benefits to the investor may include:
- Retirees who are self-sufficient and want to reside in the United States
- Parents who want a child to study in the United States and obtain in-state tuition
- Foreign nationals who are reaching the 6-year limit for their H-1B visa status can participate
- A foreign national investor in a US business who does not want to be active in the day-to-day operations of the business
- Spouses of permanent residents
- Foreign nationals with an urgent need, or desire, to become a permanent resident
- Foreign nationals who need/want to relocate to a stable region
- Many other foreign nationals who may have no other options for legal status in the United States
Sound promising? It is! With the guidance of the professional team at the Nevada EB-5 Regional Center (NVEB-5), foreign investors can obtain more information about participation in the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. Additionally, opportunities are still available for immigrant investors interested in citizenship through investment in NVEB-5’s approved sponsored project.
Contact us today!
Toll Free: 855-498-6360